Cricutolics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Chit Chat

+7
Lesley
Admin
Kat
Cranky Little Nicki
Pam
Sandra
Lakul
11 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Daily Chit Chat - Page 5 Empty Re: Daily Chit Chat

Post  Admin Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:03 pm

The boiler story is war and peace all on its own! I have now not got it running 24/7 it dows switch off at night but that was after disconnecting a piece of electronic equipement that is to save how much oil you burn! The bit I dont understand is that although the original boiler was leaking and we were getting all steamy in the boiler house at least the fuel saver and old programmer were working together fine, now we have had a new programmer, new boiler he has had to disconnect the fuel saver and maintains there is not a modern equivalent as new boilers dont need it, but having used 3/4 of a tank in summer months I am finding it all rather hard to believe. He has left twice saying we need an electrical expert bringing in to check it over but never appears with one! I cant tell him whether it is working properly or not as we have had coldish weather so heating should cut in I wont be able to properly tell if it is working or not until we get some hot days again and it still cuts in or not as the case may be! I still have Mum walking in saying why are the radiators on or off as the case maybe!!! All I say is cause that is what the thermostats are telling it to do!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which does not make me very popular cause I dint have a different instant answer. I think I aught to do a course in plumbing!!

Dom is away on annual army cadet camp, first time he has been and first time he has been away from home for more than 2 nights. It was open day on Friday so I drove up to Queen Elizabth Barracks with Amber and another Mum and daughter, we thought we might as well go in one vehicle. I was really surprised when we got there, there are 3 company's there and Dom is in C company and C company is made up of five detachments Belper (Dom's group) Ilkeston Ripley Long Eaton and Ashbourne well in the introduction the head man said thanks for so many people turning out he had never seen the room so full, now bear in mind there was over 100 cadets in C Company there, there was actually 9 relatives - all from Belper Detachment!!!!! Not one other parent, carer, relative had gone, There was Amber and I for Dom, Gail and Maddy for Max (a friend Dom had introduced to cadets), Gran and Grandad for Callum ( a friend Dom joined with and his Mum could not get the day off work and she is a single parent so her Mum and Dad went and it was there 29th wedding anniversary!), then there was a Mum for one other boy who has joined since Dom has and another Mum and Dad for a similar situation. SO actually there were only 5 cadets whose family had shown any interest in what they did. There was a programme for the day but the head of C company asked us if we were on any time limit and we said no so instead of the 'scheduled programme' he took us out into the field where the cadets were on their final day of being out of camp and we had lunch with the cadets, the Major after dropping us off with some officers went to Tesco and bought the 9 of us sandwiches and drinks and grapes and then we watched the cadets do their stuff and clean their weapons. Then we got a lift back to camp and a tour of the camp by which time the cadets walked back to the back gate and waiting at the back gate was the band and the band played and the cadets 100+ marched into the camp, it was a fab site and I videoed it for prosterity! I guess Dom is a bit homesick though he would not admit it as he never hugs me these days it isnt cool!!!!!!!! But he took two paces to go and get showered and said bye to me for me to set off home and then turned round walked back to me and gave me a hug and then set off again to do what he needed to do. Then yesterday I got about 20 texts from him and I have had about 10 today including pics, he has been on a 14 mile bike ride today!! Tomorrow he gets taken to Leeds armouries in the morning and eden camp in the afternoon as part of annual camp has to have a cultural day. Then Tuesday he is training in camp and I think they might have medal badges ceremony and on Wednesday he comes back home. I do miss him! I think even Amber is missing him although they love arguing and disagreeing and winding each other up. We have been warned the first 48 hours they are likely to sleep the clock round as they will be so exhausted and then they will be very down because they have suddenly lost the companionship of 100+ others morning noon and night that they have go accustomed to - Dom doesn't believe that bit so time will tell.

Mamb is getting very fractious as she awaits her results and this year they are one week late!! They should have been 18th and they are now 25th and Amber and I had been continually told it would be 18th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It certainly does not leave much time to sort anythign if she does not get the grades she requires to enter 6th form. as term starts on 5th!!! All she keeps asking is are you sure that school have done what they had to about notifying why she was in hospital and missed exams and my answer is I doint know I was told they were doing it and I wrote the letter they asked for but nobody has confirmed to me that they have done the necessary or not so we can only assume they have - (fingers crossed they did, else sparks will fly).
Must dash Dragons Den is just starting and I do love that program.
Hope everybody well and look forward to hearing from others more.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://ladybugcricut.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandra Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Hi liz fingers crossed for Amber

Pam I have been able to get into the craft room for a couple of months now at first it would not cut but now it dose but all the carts are not right

The snow friends cart no mater what doze you select they are bigger than the mat I tried turning it own to 2 inchs and it was just the same size not tried all the carts yet

The last time I tried to cut with my expression it told me I had to update the firmware on the expression and when I did that it all te lights stayed on and I coul odo anything I need up phoning the USA to get it fixed they told me to update it with design studio and that fixed it but craft room still tells me I need to update it but I am not going to try again just yet
I have used it to print and cut with my imagine that works fine but sone of the carts will not work

Just the three of us again what is every one doing
Sandra
Sandra

http://sandracollis.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:56 pm

I think we should be called the Three Musketeers, it always comes back to us three - I dont know why! Lou and Kerry not been on for ages but they are posting on their blogs so they are around. You seen Sheila's guest spot?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandra Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:25 pm

hi liz have just had a look what a great card its a pitty there are not some more to post comments

i have been busy last week makeing things for my grand daughter first birthday tomorrow i got the cricut cake mini so made a a cake with mini mouse on the top
must take a photo tomorrow and a banner wishing her happy birthday with her name on it

and her card of course i made that with the imagine and the craft room software you can colour the pices and then layer them on the base and it will print and cut it as one piece
Daily Chit Chat - Page 5 Dscf2310
Sandra
Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:56 am

Love the card, it hardly seems a year since she was born!

How do you get on with your imagine, I still have mixed views over it and was quite horrified at the cost of new mats when I was on some site or other.

Not had a look at craft room yet.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:40 am

Hi Liz and Sandra,

I am here but have been rather pre-occupied in looking for my Gypsy which
I have obviously put in a safe place when the Family were here but for the life of me I cannot remember where I have put it!!

Liz, sorry to her you are still having trouble with your boiler. Dom sounds as though he is having a good time. I believe the "a"level results are out this week.

Sandra, I love you card, where has the last year gone!! How is your Husband getting on? I am going to Preston tomorrow to do a course with Anne-Marie and was there last Sunday doing a Circle Scissor course with Mel.

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:47 am

Hi Pam Sounds like you are busy and that safe place is always disasterous as you can never remember where it is only where it isnt!

Dom seems to be having a good time but I am looking forward to him being back home although most weekend in September he has things to do which means Mum has things to do!

Never get time to go on courses and most of them are too far away for me to even consider.

I hvae given in on the boiler 26 outside and the heating was on at home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So my ears got burnt when I got back in by my Mum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let us know what you do Pam and some piccy's please!

Dom just text me he is now marksman so he has a shooting badge to be sewn on but medals dont get given til tomorrow before they leave so he thinks he might have a tug of war one but tomorrow will tell!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  craftydee Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:37 am

Hi girl's i'm still around just been very busy helping my friend clearing out her craft shop as it has closed down (boo hoo) what with that and falling and breaking my thumb and bruseing my leg very bad (i looked like i had been in the boxing rink) oh and also fitting in a spot or two of child minding, packing my son up and off to camp at cranwell and trying to pack to go away my life is as normal as can be,we are going away on saturday to a place named skinningrove (near saltburn) and shaun (my son) is coming to us bank holiday monday on the train,car'nt belive the price £8 and that is from retford to saltburn, cheaper than taking the car,,well back to the ironing board now xx d
craftydee
craftydee

http://craftydeecards.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:13 am

Hi Dee
Have a fab time away and I hope the leg and thumb feel better soon. Sorry to hear another craft shop hits the dust! No time for crafting I shouldnt think!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:51 am

Hi Dee, sorry to hear about your friend's shop, I was hoping to see her at Harrogate. I am still hunting for my Gyspy!!

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandra Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:04 am

Hi dee nice to see you back hope your injurys get better sone enjoy your holiday

Hi pam hope you find your gypsy soon I put away a xyron 4inch glue roller that you put refills in I have 4refills for it but can not find the holder have been looking for it for 2 months
Hope you have better look
Sandra
Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:14 am

Hope you find your G soon Pam. I am adopting the principle of dont put away safe cause once you have it is lost for ions!

Getting guys ready for back to school, assuming Amber will get her grades to get into 6th form so yesterday including my discount I spent £267 on art equipment that they both need!!!!!!! Then there was the bags ans shoes another £150 then another £20 on pencil cases etc and still got uniform to go yet! God help those that cant afford these things and the Art stuff is only the beginning of new term basics and then they are none stop extras for 2 years.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  craftydee Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:59 am

I back again, twice in a day, pam my friend is still going to be doing the show's and also she will still be doing classes once thing's are sorted out,as she is hoping to do them at home,what day are you going to the show pam xx d
craftydee
craftydee

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:13 am

Dee, I am going on the Sunday, are you helping your friend on her stand?

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  craftydee Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:23 am

Pam i think i am working at the nec but will be going to the show at harrogate but dont know what day yet xxd
craftydee
craftydee

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Dee, let me know if you are there on the Sunday and perhaps we could meet for a coffee.

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Oooooh girls that is what I like a few plans going on and some posts!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  craftydee Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:12 am

ok pam will do and i would like that very much, i will send you a pm with my mobile number when i come home from holiday (must look for some craft shops to visit while i am away), do you have a list of thing's you want or would like from the show, i am going to be looking for a grand calibur as i have just missed out on one on e-bay is was only £62 with p&p, just my look xx d
craftydee
craftydee

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:23 am

Sorry you missed out Dee. Have a lovely holiday.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:16 am

Dee, I have the Grand calibur and love it, the cheapest I have seen other than ebay is Oyster Stamps, I think theirs is around £80 with free P&P (I think) I will let you have my mobile no. when I hear from you. Have a nice holiday and hope you find some good weather.

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:26 am

Hi Pam What makes your Grand Calibur great! Do you prefer it to the cuttlebug? Is it just its size that makes it a love for you or are there other reasons?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:18 am

Liz, the Grand Calibur is much easier to use especially turning the handle, you only need two plates instead of three for cutting and the best of all you can cut many more dies at one time, in fact I cut seven different ones at the same time the other day and also you do get some embossing on the first cut but if it is not enough you just put it back with the embossing plate that is provided and Creative Expressions have brought out a plate which you can use to emboss the various kinds of embossing folders on the market. When you consider you now have to buy the "C" plate for the Cuttlebug separately there is not a lot of difference in the two prices. I hope this helps.

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:01 pm

All interesting knowledge to have at your fingertips!.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:03 pm

This is a record day for postings!!!

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Eureka perhaps everybody getting back on form!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next