Cricutolics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cricut Lending Library UK

2 posters

Go down

Lending Library

Cricut Lending Library UK Vote_lcap17%Cricut Lending Library UK Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
Cricut Lending Library UK Vote_lcap22%Cricut Lending Library UK Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 4 ]
Cricut Lending Library UK Vote_lcap10%Cricut Lending Library UK Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 18

Cricut Lending Library UK Empty Cricut Lending Library UK

Post  Admin Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:07 am

Another idea has just occured to me! In these hard economic times we cant always afford to buy all we want or we might want something for a bit of a one off job so the added expensive cant be justified. Well how about we set up our own lending library? I am sure most of us have PayPal accounts so the money side would not be difficult. I would suggest that if a member has a cart that another member needs for one of these one off uses, that the member requiring a cart pm's the owner and asks if they can borrow the cart for a week. The borrower then pays the owner for the first class recorded delivery insured to the value of £70 which I think would replace most carts, once the payment is received then the owner posts the cart to the borrower and the borrower returns the cart to the owner no later than 10 days after receiving the cart unless an extended time has been agreed. This could work out beneficial to both parties. The carts of course cannot be linked to a Gypsy but they can be used au-naturel in any of our machines. Now first class recorded signed for delivery insured to £41 costs £2.98 to a UK address but you are advised to send valuables by Special Delivery Next Day so cart and envelope would cost £5.50 postage and cover you up to £500 and you know the parcel will arrive next working day, so if we said £6 a loan to a UK member that would give the owner 50p towards giffy envelope and time taken to go to PO. Then borrower would need to return under same delivery terms at their cost. This would make it possible to borrow a cart for £12 for a special project versus the cost of a new cart that may never be used again and the time taken to receive a new cart. I believe this lending library could only work to UK addresses. What is the general opinion?

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://ladybugcricut.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Cricut Lending Library UK Empty Re: Cricut Lending Library UK

Post  chris Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:23 am

I think it should be, say 10 days as people work and I do not live near a post office so those few extra days might be better. And if you would like to loan a cart, and would like it for a few more days beyond the stated 10, then you can just ask the lender. This is a great idea Liz it an extention of the swap.
I think the price should be just the postage.

Chris flower
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:37 am

Good point there Chris well lets say 10 days at a time then, unless otherwise organised with the owner. We could still do a cut swap as a separate thing. What suggestions do you have Chris for the rules on this, is it only occasional as a regular thing, who chooses cut, size etc. Shall I make a separate sticky for a cut swap?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:32 am

Tricky one this. Lets say cut all on white 1 or 2" and it should be a mixed bag of anything to start with and see how it goes. (Not Fonts). If someone receives an image and would like it larger or in a different colour they can PM that person, to make other arrangements, to loan the cart etc. When I cut out images from any cart I always cut 2 or even 3 so I always have spares. I know some cut are to small at 1" and too big at 2" , lets just play and see what everyone thinks. I think we should say how many cuts we should send.

Cutting them out in white gives everyone a chance to join in as most peps have white card stock and if you mention that the card needs to be 200 gsm then most people can work any colouring technique on it then.

And if the swap is aimed at card making first, then we could open it up to scrappbooking as you might need large cuts for that.

We will need a swap co-ordinator whom receives the swap by 15th of each month ?, and then at ramdon sends them to the gals in the swap. They need to be sealed in an envelope addressed to the co-ordinator with an SAE for return. Please state who has cut images and from what carts etc

These are just ramblings but a start. I'm sure there will be better ideas than this Very Happy

Hope this has helped things along bounce

At you LIZ sunny

chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:53 pm

Seems a good skeleton plan to me Chris and if you are happy to be the co-ordinator then perhaps we should leave the fine tuning on this until you get back from your hols. What does everybody else think? Who would be interested in a cut swap? I believe there could also be a stamp swap if anybody interested? and then there is those ATC cards?
I have started an individual thread for each of these ideas so can I ask you to post any reponse to any or all of these ideas on their individual threads and leave this thread just for the Lending Library suggestion.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down