Cricutolics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Chit Chat

+7
Lesley
Admin
Kat
Cranky Little Nicki
Pam
Sandra
Lakul
11 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Daily Chit Chat - Page 4 Empty Re: Daily Chit Chat

Post  Pam Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi Sandra, I am going to Preston tomorrow.

Pam

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandra Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:07 am

Hi pam did you go yesterday I did the demo with the punches was great I bought 2 to try and make the flowers
Sandra
Sandra

http://sandracollis.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:27 am

Hi Sandra, yes I did go to Preston yesterday and was very disappointed with the punch demo, Jodie was showing us how to make a Fushia and when it was finished it didn't look anything like one. Sheena seemed to be more interested in using the new pens rather than her Paint Fusion so we didn't learn anything from her!!!I was surprised how few people were there. I think my friend knows more about the Imagine than anyone I know and she helped Mel a lot when she first got hers before she went on TV with it. I am going to Inspirations on the 17th August to do a Stampendous Christmas Class with Anne-Marie which should be good.

Pam

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi Girls funny you both had such different experiences. I find it quite odd that Mel is displaying any Provocraft products! Some months ago actually 2 years ago I emailed Bramwells regarding the Yudu and also asking some questions and they replied to me saying they were giving up stocking Provocraft cause they were unreliable with deliveries and made life hard and werent sure if anybody else would take on the Uk distributorship. So if you are so disappointed with the way they have done business with you, why go promoting the range for somebody else to make the money from? People are odd!
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://ladybugcricut.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandra Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi pam I was disappointed with sheen as demo I have been to one of her demos before she was doing distress inks that was great fun

Jodie was making the roses when I was there and a flower out of a snowflake punch that was good the last one I saw her make was the hyacinth
I left when she was going to do the fusha

I put a cartridge I did not want on eBay and sold it last Saturday they did not pay so I sent a reminder they said they would pay on Thursday when the got paid on Thursday I got a email from them to say that eBay was giving a error so could they do a direct transfer to my bank account I said no I only accept paypal and my paypal was fworking fine so it must be there's they emailed back to say there paypal was suspended till further notice so they would have to do a bant transfer I told them I did not give put my bank details to anyone and to sort there paypal or cancel there winning bid I have not heard anything since so now I have had to report it to eBay and Wait to be able to put it up again so frustrating I wad going to buy another cart with the money why do people fo thing like this
Sandra
Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Shame about your ebay/paypal experience if you dont want to give bank details which I totally agree with then get them to get postal orders and send them to you. Which cart was it? Had a twinned it to your Gypsy or not?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandra Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi liz no it's a new one still in it's plastic shell. Is a imagine cart
It was a pack of two that I won on eBay I only wanted one of them knew I would be able to sell the other one on eBay I got lots of bids on it and the one that has not paid only bid at the last min they have not answered any of my emails since Thursday
They are new to eBay and have only 2 feedbacks when I email asking had they forgot to pay Monday night I got a emai back saying no Hun just waiting to be payed on Thursday then they start about error in paypal so thought it looked a bit dodgy
Waiting to hear back from eBay
Sandra
Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:52 am

Fingers crossed for a speedy response from eBay.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:34 am

HI girls I’m BACK
Just come back from my holiday from Cornwall, near St Ives, Fab beaches, plenty of sun and wine.LOL
How is everybody doing?
Liz how is your family doing?
Sandra where did you buy you carts from, they look fantastic.

I’m so sorry I’ve not been on for a while, I promise to make a conservative effort
Lesley
Lesley

http://creative-lesley.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandra Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:44 am

Hi Lesley I buy most of my cart from stamps alive in the us she has good prices and only charge the actual cost of postage the fancy frame one is lovely and cuts well
You ban make some nice flowers with the flower shoppe not made any of the sweet tooth boxes yet they were -$21 each plus postage they are £29.99 each in the uk
Nice to see you back
Sandra
Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:52 am

Thanks Sandra Im going to have a look.
How are you keeping are you doing a lot of crafting?
Lesley
Lesley

http://creative-lesley.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:37 am

Hi Lesley, sounds like you had a good holiday. My Mum has been in Norfolk with my Brother almost two weeks and the majority of the weather has been like Winter/Autumn - my brother has to put on the central heating and even with socks and cardi she has been cold so has stayed in most of the time they have been there. But as time passes she goes out less and less wants to do less and less and can do less and less. I think it is only just sinking into my brother who didnt believe how she could be when he was at work but since he has retired he sees a different side of her and we see a different side of him as when he only occasionally saw her he had perfectly calm temperament and would wait on her hand and foot and think it was me being lazy/awkward - but ........................ now he sees more of her and her moods and requests we see his eyes look towards the ceiling and we hear him get snappy. So on a part time basis he is begining to see how I see her full time and have done for the past ten/eleven years. Sad to see her getting old as she was so full of life and was a rela live 'Super Gran' but not anymore!
Has anybody found out why Oh My Crafts have stopped doing all the cricut carts? I have bought off eBay from proudparents which actually is cricutmachine.com! I have had an odd bargain but do have to wit for them to post out for me. I have treated myself to the cordless glue gun from Oh My Crafts and some glue sticks to see if I do any better than I do with the docraft hot glue gun which sets before you have chance to put two pieces of card together and just forms stiff ridges.
Not much crafting time being school hols, just permanent cheuffeur as we live out into the sticks everywhwre the kids want to go its Mum will you take me and Mum will you fetch me back and now they are older with their own friends it si normally trips in opposite directions around 500 miles a week since they been on hols and I havent moved off my own doorstep so to speak!
Dom off on annual camp next Monday so plenty of preparation for his kit for that!! He is away 10 days I cant actually believe he is going he has never been away from home longer than 2 nites and a coupe of days on weekend field trips. He is goign to be up in Yorkshire and there is an open afternoon to see where and what they have been doing, so am debating making the journey on that one although it is more driving in one hit than I am supposed to do. His big debate is to whether to take his new iPhone 4 or not incase it gets damaged! The advice is to not take it but then he doesnt like any of the low tech spare old phones we have at home that he could take that wouldnt matter if they got lost or muddy or broken!
Forgot to say Amber eventually got her CRB check and last week went to the college she has done one term of lessons with and has been allowed to free ride for about half to three quarters of an hour each and every lunch time. So she is well happy with the riding but still suffering with her stomach pains and problems. She went to a friemds last night and had BBQ tea with her and was up all night feeling rough and ended up being sick and then eventually falling asleep aboout 7am and didnt get up until 330pm.
The dog has decided to join her and been sick in the last hour 7 times!
Anne-Marie is well rounded and now knows it will be a boy from the scan so he will be called Brody. SHe has an extra scan to have at 30 weeks due to her past medical history and says he is enjoying kicking hell out of her. As she is such a slight petite shape more fat on a chip her bump is all bump with taught skin and no extra padding to cover her bump or his elbows and knees and kicks. But seems good apart from that. I have crocheted her a hooded jacket, a hooded carry cape, a hat, a big blanket, a pram blanket couple of pairs of bootees and bought her a little striped all in one suit and amber has knitted her a hooded jacket so she has a good start but I am being an old wife and not letting her take them home until Brody is born, they are all here and packed away until that day Nov 3rd or whatever day Brody chooses!
Bought the second Hunky Dory Magazine not read it all but I bought it from them direct rather than C&C so got a peackock kit with the mag and a special free foiled card pack from ordering from them for free. Inside they have actually done some cards with the peacock kit so it seems a bit more organised to than issue 1.
Everybody been over to the guest designer spot and seen the new project?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:51 am

Hi Lesley, nice to see you back and glad you had a good holiday.

Sandra, which cart are you selling on eBay and where can I find it?

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:54 am

How are you doing Pam? Anything special planned for your craftiness during the hols?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandra Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:14 pm

Liz I have just bought a. New glue gun as mine was the same as your it set to fast
I bought one from halfords of all places it's made by locktite and it's great it uses the fat glue stick it was £9.99 with 2 sticks
Glad Anne Marie is doing okay

Pam it Kate's kitchen for the imagine not put it back on eBay yet I can't for 4 days till eBay closes the dispute

Can't believe my grand daughter will be one in 2 weeks and I have not finished the scrapbook album I started before she was born where has the time gone will have to find time and finish it

Sandra
Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:09 pm

Liz, I am about to find my craft room as it appears to have got lost under all the hiding things out of the way whilst the Family have been here!! Once it has been found I am going to start on my Christmas Cards as for the first time in years I know exactly what I am going to make this year. You sound as though you are going to have a very busy time during the holidays.

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Yep you can bet it!!!!!!! I am not sure which is worst being tied to a school time table or the random can we be taken here and there.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Anybody seen Flower Shoppe at a reasonable price anywhere?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:14 am

Hi Liz, CraftsuLove have Flower Shoppe for £29.99 if that is any help. Where has the summer gone, it has rained here for the last two days.

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:38 am

Hi Pam

I'll have a lok over there and see what postage is like , thanks for that.

Its odd really you are further North than me and my Mum has been on the east coast for almost the past two weeks and she for the majority of the time of being there she says it has been like winter and too cold for her to bother going out! Here it has been between 22 and 32 all the time she has been away. But it has been very humid so not comfortable at all and then the other night I realised my boiler was not turning off with the programmer and was running 24/7 so I hahve gone below half a tank of oil since new boiler was fitted! I have had alsorts of excuses from the man who fitted the new boiler but yesterday was enough and I insisted we were no way waiting any longer for his chum the electrician to come and look cause I have done that since the day it was fitted!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its no good telling me to turn programmer off as the boiler just ognores that! So I am not physically able to turn the boiler off!!!! RAdiators not getting hot so thermostats are keeping heat away from rads but boiler running 24/7 - ridiculous so there had better be some answers today not I dont know! So if you hear thunder and lightening from my direction it isnt the weather just me doing my tank and loosing my cool.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:47 am

Hi Liz, what a shame CraftsuLove had free P&P until midnight last night but they only charge £2.45 You sound as though you are having fun with your boiler but at least the radiators are not getting hot in this humid weather.

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:31 am

I am really ticked off with the boiler. It cost £3500 or there abouts to fit it and all I get from the engineer who fit it I am not an electrician!!!!!! Meanwhile for the past few months since it was fitted (May I think or could have been April) it is running 24/7 so it would appear so instead of having a nearly full tank of oil got less than half!!!!! I have a mother saying tell him you will charge him for the oil used and a husband saying tell him you will call an electrician in and bill him - wish both of them would fire their own bullets but there is only me and him and Dom in the house. Dom not much help he is asleep in bed catching as many zzzzzzzzzz's as he can before annual cadet camp! FOr 10 days his regime will be:-
06.45 reveille
07.00 breakfast
08.05 muster parade
08.30 training
12.30 lunch
13.35 training
17.30 evening meal
19.00 recreational activities
22.30 lights out

and the timetable for the 10 days is:-
Monday 8th August - Cadets depart 12.30 by coach may stop en route small amount of cash may be needed for service station
Tues 9th August - Range Day
Wed 10th Aug - Training in camp / obstacle course / DCCT
Thurs 11th Aug - Fri 12th Field exercise
Sat 13th Aug - Activities day climbing/archery/ paintball/clay target / biking
Sunday 14th - Sports Day
Mon 15th - Visit Royal Armouries / Eden Camp
Tues 16th - Training / in camp
Wed 17th - depart for home - time tbc - but usually no later than 2pm departure

On the Friday you can go up and see them and as it is his first annual camp I may drive up there and check he is OK and all that and show some interest, they are at Queen Elizabeth Barracks, Strenshall.

Not seen any creations recently! Anybody got anything to show off!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi Pam
You spoke to soon, he came and stopped the boiler being on 24/7 but now the boiler is getting hot in the daytime when the room stats say it should be off so we have red hot radiators and 22-32 outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Mum is not amused and neither is John and least of all me as I have to put up with their moans in both ears and then moan at the plumber. He was here 3 hours again tonight and still doesnt know why it is doing it!!!!! Joy oh joy frying and humid without hastle and hastle up to the eyes as well - Oh for a one way ticket to some dessert island with a fab beach and blue sees and a mute servant to wait on me hand and foot!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:03 am

Hi Guys

Where have you all gone, I feel like I am talking to myself? I know the old expression you get a better conversation but it is awfully lonely.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:05 am

Hi Liz, I was wondering the same thing!!!!! How are you getting on with your Boiler, is it repaired yet? Has anyone tried the new Cricut Craftroom yet, it appears that it is now up an running and you can cut with it.

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next