Cricutolics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Chit Chat

+7
Lesley
Admin
Kat
Cranky Little Nicki
Pam
Sandra
Lakul
11 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Daily Chit Chat - Page 6 Empty Re: Daily Chit Chat

Post  Sandra Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:01 pm

I have the grand caliber as well use it more than my cuttlebug now it's so much quicker

Any one going to the craft show at the Trafford centre event arena it there this year instead of the gmex. So much easy to get to and parking is free it start on the 1st September

Have spent the night making the house of happy haunting trying to get a head start on Halloween will post pic tomorrow
Sandra
Sandra

http://sandracollis.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  carol Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:33 am

Hello ladies!

Sorry for being AWOL for so long, I have been trying for ages to log in and say hello. I forgot my password and just could not figure out how to get back in to say hi! I managed this morning to log in on my iphone (whilst waiting to see the doctor), and I got in but it has taken me ages to get into my laptop, not sure why, anyway I am here now.

Wow, is everybody still on holiday, it is so quiet, maybe the other crafters have forgotten their passwords etc just like me!!

Ive been sort of catching up with all the news. I have been a little lack in crafting recently, I took James to Spain for a few days, didn't think we would be on speaking terms when we got back but we had such a good time, if he wanted to sleep in - I let him, when he was hungry - I fed him, I did get to the point where I phoned him and said get your **** out of bed and come and meet me at the beach - and - he did and whilst at the beach he found a pair of sunglasses in the sand - the expensive Rayban ones....... he was so glad I phoned him. We did look around to see if anybody was searching for any glasses but the beach was full of people just walking by and the lucky lucky men, I reckon thats where they came from but James did look on the internet and the serial number that is on the glasses did tie up with the expensive ones on the internet, and you cannot rub the numbers off so they must be REAL!!!!! if you believe that you would believe anything, those lucky lucky guys must flog so many of the glasses.

Back home and back to reality, I noticed that Harrogate is not too far off, when exactly is it and if anybody wants to meet for a cup of tea and a slice of cake! let me know.

I will try and post more now that I have my password, I must write it down!

Oh, we have two new additions to the family, two chickens, they are not laying yet, they are only 16 weeks old, so timid, when we last had chickens and hatched three of them, they were so tame, one of the chickens that we hatched loved cuddles and she used to fall asleep in my arms, now that was a weird site to see!

Must go,

Love to all.

Carol.
carol
carol

http://carolscraftroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:38 am

Hi Carol, welcome back!! Harrogate is the 10th and 11th Sept.

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  carol Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:05 am

Thanks Pam. Are you going this year?
carol
carol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandra Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:08 am

Welcome back Carol I have a book with all my passwords in as I keep forgetting then

Sandra
Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:14 am

Yes Carol, I am going to Harrogate, there are a few of us going possibly on the Sunday.

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  carol Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:53 am

OOOOh Pam, do you fancy a coffee and cake then? I could do the Sunday, prefer it to the Saturday. Fancy a day out.

Hi Sandra, I have sort of changed my passwords recently, keep forgetting them and some sites you cannot use a previous password which is a real pain!

Just watching Create and Craft and typing at the same time - multi-tasking (messing), watching Dawn knew Kanban would jump from QVC after she moved. Kanban have a big night tonight on C&C
carol
carol

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:16 am

Hi Carol, I will let you know nearer the time about coffee etc. There are a group of us all going together some who haven't been before so it could be difficult to get away.

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandra Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:34 am

hi this is what i have been working on yesterday last year iu made the coffins and filled them with sweet the kids loved them so am going to make some more this year thought i would get a head star as last year it was the day before to much rush

Daily Chit Chat - Page 6 Dscf2311
Sandra
Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:29 am

WOW Sandra, that is great, what did you use to make it?

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandra Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:56 am

It's the 3d house on the happy haunting cart I used black card that I bought from the range. You get a pack of A3.

The windows are yellow velum. So that I can put a battery operated candel inside ti light it up I wanted to make it last year but the cart did not arrive in time

Going to have a go at the Xmas houses on winter woodland next
Sandra
Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Fab work Sandra. I love it.

Good to hear from you Carol sounds like you have been having fun.

Well I am really on countdown now and keeping Amber occupied is no mean job. If she is busy she is OK but boy the nasty tempered cloud does descend on her when she hasnt slept well or doesnt do enough or when she stops to think about results. Today she said you coming with me Mum you can undue them and read them and then tell me after!!!! One of her friends is possibly going to stop here tomorrow night as she is having lots of family issues and thinks it will be calmer and better to be here with Amber and me and then go into school with us - she is not getting on with Mum at mo and thinks she will just wind her up! I am not sure whether it is a compliment or not that she wants to join our looney bin! Dom is going over to one of his friends tomorrow who also has a sister waitng for results but thinks he would be better with his mate out of the way overnight so Amber can have all my attention to get us through the night and into the following morning.

Have I told you all Dom is now a marksman within the cadets and very possibly will be shooting for the county which then leads on to national competition then international competition. He is doing so well in cadets and passing his various badges ect but I am concerned especially now wwe have to add in two hours a week shooting practice that with all his coursework as he starts his GCSE's it is going to be all bed and work! On a Wednesday I am going to have to get him in from school - normally get in 420 ish then he has to change into full cadet kit and be in Ilkeston by 5 and stay til 7pm for shooting practice/coaching then transfer him by lightening thought to Belper by 7 for his normal cadet evening until 9 then somewhere amongst that he has homework and tea to fit in. From home to Ilkeston will take me 20 mins, 25 from Ilkeston to Belper, 10 min from home to Belper and inbetween it all Wednesday is Amber's riding course evening and at present we do not know whether that will be 6-7 or 7-8. I think I need a human photocopier to be in all places and get the guys to all their places in time and not show any preference to wither one and their commitments!

ANybody elses kids waiting for GCSE results? Assuming Amber gets her required grades we then need to go suit buying after the bank holiday!! God help thise that dont get the required grades as it leaves them 4 days to sort places before term begins with it being bank holiday weekend. FINGERS CROSSED I DONT HAVE TO FOLLOW THAT PATH.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://ladybugcricut.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandra Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi. Liz my fingers are crossed for Amber
Have been there with my daughter first gcse then a levels then every year at university as she did pharmacy so she had to pass every year to carry on the she had to get a pre reg for a year that was a bad one the interviews she had to go to then her final after that she did the final exam in the cript of Liverpool cathedral the wait for the results of that was murder
Sandra
Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:00 pm

That sounds like the really long haul Sandra! I have worked out for years to come I am going to be going through it with one or the other or both! God willing - GCSE Amber this Year As next Year A level year after at which time Dom will also be doing GCSE's then AS for Dom year after and A levels Year after that!!! And of course it depends on Amber's final decision on courses as to what she has after A level's, it could be 2 years in agricultural college on equine studies BTEC (I think) and then 3 year Equiine Management degree course. I am really trying to persuade her to use her Art and Photography more and keep horses as a hobby, some days I win others we are back to square one so God only knows how we will go in the end! Time will tell. Whereas Dom is all planned out GCSE's then 4 AS, then 3 A levels then Derby University for gaming programming and animation! Simples for him!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:48 pm

Liz, I hope Amber gets the results she wants tomorrow.

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Thanks Pam.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:32 am

Liz, have you noticed that there two Daily Chit Chat topics and that the dates are mixed up?

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:51 am

Hi Pam yes I had and I think it was the other thread that I put a reply on. My guess is that somewhere along the line the other thread was locked for number of pages. It is locked I can override for one reply then it becomes locked again, so to be honest I am a bit confused!!!! Whether somebody started new thread or whether it was automatic I dont know, but I am gathering we need to stick to one with fewer pages!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  carol Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:38 am

Hi Liz, how did Amber get on?

James did ok, it's only when you look at the results that you realise how many exams they took - far too many I think!!!!

Carol x
carol
carol

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:28 am

Hi Carol,

To say the pain and drugs that Amber endures day to day and the fact she totally missed one exam as she was admitted to hospital as an emergency she did a OK. She is into sixth from and has passed the required entry requirements! She got a B in Art, Textiles, ENglish Lit, English Lang, then C in Maths, History, Fench, D in science and F in Music. Music she was not too surprised over as she gave other topics preference with her time as she really did not enjoy the course and had chosen it to please her Dad as he is an ex-rock musician. Also when she should have been doing the practical parts she had a broken wrist for weeks on end and in plaster so could not play or practice and in the end they decided for her to sing a piece and submit it, so I have asked for it to be checked under her circumstances. I wonder how much work you have to do to get an A in art and textiles! But she can now go on to study AS in English, RS, Art and Textiles then she will drop English at end of AS after exams and continue to A2 in Art Textiles and RS.

Thanks for asking, How did James do and what is he going on to do?

How are you?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:33 am

Well done Amber and James and good luck for the future.

Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:36 am

Thanks Pam
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandra Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:36 am

Well done Amber and James
Sandra
Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post  carol Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:50 am

Good afternoon ladies!

Very well done Amber and wish to many obstacles in the way as well - great work!

Can I list what James had to do - when I said I think the students have too many exams let me show you why!

I hope you can understand all this -

Full Course

Additonal Science
June 11 B
June 11 C
Jan 11 C
June 11 C

D&T
June 2010 A
June 11 D - totally diff teacher, he did not like this one at all hence the D

Humanities all June 11

B, D C

Science June 2011

b overall with mainly B grades and an A* for work from last year but they were as on the sheet

a, c, b, b, b, c, a* are you keeping up?

these included maths B, english C and C, adult numeracy P (pass) thank heavens!

Fitness testing and training??????? Distinction so he should if you saw him, stick thin and walks from school every day nearly 4 miles.

Practical sport - Distinction, this is probably due to the X-box, wii fit and dodging me!!!!

Oh and ICT sills for business - merit
and Design and produce multimedia products (x box here somewhere I am sure) merit!!!!!

So now he has actually got three certificates which I am going to have framed, the others he gets in October sometime.

I am very proud of him, even though he did spend a lot of his study time on the x-box when I was helping Ian with the office, I know this because when I rang the house phone, he could not hear it ring - work that one out for yourselves if you have experience of a teenager on xbox live talking (shoulting) to somebody in America or Germany!!!!!!! or any other part of the world - whatever the time!

So! that's my youngest son's education, we dont think he wants to go to University, might be too expensive anyway! but seeing as he blows hot and cold at the moment (hormones) - just like mine! then anything can happen.

If you are just starting out with a little one going to school - don't have nightmares over this - please......

Thanks for your well done wishes to James, I will certainly pass them on, but I bet I get a 'oh mum, you've told who?' keyboard not wanting to work properly!!!!!!

Keep in touch, is it down to the last four or five of us, not heard from anybody for a long time. I am still working my Expression like a horse, seems a little bit noisier these days, maybe it's just age setting in - who knows??

Have a good weekend everybody.

Carol X sorry if there are any spelling mistakes - as I said - keyboard playing up and also missing a lot of the lettering off the keys, now where did I put my tippex to write the keys back on????
carol
carol

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:48 am

Well done James, nothing easy about understand today's qualifications! And well done to any other students we do not know of. Glad you OK Carol, always reduces to same few no matter what we dio! Andy from Pinnacle crafts is posting a cute project on SUnday, I think.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next