Cricutolics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cutting Age Cards

2 posters

Go down

Cutting Age Cards Empty Cutting Age Cards

Post  Lindaavnou Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:26 am

I have SCAL2 and was wondering if it is at all possible to cut a number as a card? I have tried several times but each time I can't seem to get a hinge to keep the front and back together. I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Linda

Lindaavnou

Back to top Go down

Cutting Age Cards Empty Re: Cutting Age Cards

Post  katesacraftybugger Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:35 am

Hi Linda ,I do this a couple of different ways,you would need to put two of the same images onto the mat separately.flip one of them and then bring them together on the mat so that they overlap slightly .Then you need to click weld on each one of them thus hiding the join.when they are cut you just put the two edges together so they match up exactly then crease at the hinge .
The other way is to cut two separate shapes then score just on the back piece where you would like your hinge and stick it to the front shape.This way of doing it has the advantage of making the card stronger at the hinge.
I hope I have explained this ok
-good luck
Kate Smile
katesacraftybugger
katesacraftybugger

http://craftybuggersunite.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindaavnou Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:28 am

Hi Kate

Thanks very much for replying so quickly, and yes, you have explained brilliantly - I'll give it a go. As I'm sure you have guessed I'm completely new to all this and very ignorant about it all, so thanks again.

By the way, the baby is gorgeous.

Linda x

katesacraftybugger wrote:Hi Linda ,I do this a couple of different ways,you would need to put two of the same images onto the mat separately.flip one of them and then bring them together on the mat so that they overlap slightly .Then you need to click weld on each one of them thus hiding the join.when they are cut you just put the two edges together so they match up exactly then crease at the hinge .
The other way is to cut two separate shapes then score just on the back piece where you would like your hinge and stick it to the front shape.This way of doing it has the advantage of making the card stronger at the hinge.
I hope I have explained this ok
-good luck
Kate Smile

Lindaavnou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down